Modern buyer is more informed that ever, so before a sale’s rep interacts with a buyer, they already are well aware of the primary source of information, product features, and benefits. These days, buyers are no longer interested in listening to sales reps talk about the products. In such condition, sales reps have major challenges to satisfy the demands of modern buyers. Here, a solution based sales process is the need of the hour, and for this, a solution selling training is needed to keep the sales team armed. For a value added selling, sales team need to understand the customer’s buying process which includes alteration of the conventional operation of salespeople. Solution sellers need to adapt themselves the way customers want to buy. For more such tips, go through 3 Ways to Build Solution Selling Strength to Win.
As the role changes over the years, depending upon your potential, you have been made the sales leader that has to lead and manage a solution selling team. Now, it is time to take charge of the team; you are no longer an ordinary pawn, you have the chance to be the king or queen! You have to prove how you can lead the team and maintain pace with the ongoing market dynamics to take your organization towards profitability.
Here are 3 core things top solution selling leaders do:
- Follow and lead the team through a proven solution selling sales process.
- Engage employees because engaged employees are productive, stay longer, and favors company from all aspects.
- Provide solution selling training to team members. Effective sales coaching helps improve the overall performance of the team.
Best solution selling leaders encourage their team members to deliver high performance. Read more…
Selling is an art. In this highly competitive market of informed buyers, selling becomes even trickier. A stale sales strategy shows the following signs that work as an indicator that your strategy needs to change.
- Slow growth: Slow growth is vicious because your competitors’ growth rate might be far beyond yours and that means you are losing business.
- Decreased Effectiveness: Your strategy is properly implemented, but they show little to no signs of effectiveness.
- Greater Expectations: Your goals are far more advanced than what your team is achieving.
- Inconsistency: Not every representative’s sales output is same or probably not every product is showing similar results or maybe one month looks drastically different from another. There’s a smell of inconsistency.
- Conflicts: Your business strategy is not aligned with your team’s success metrics.
Facing any of these? You need solution selling training to get your sales objectives right and set new strategy on implementation. Here’s an in-depth write up on determining whether your solution selling strategy is working.